Delivery and Returns
Shipping is available within New Zealand only.
Havana House uses Courier Post for most of our delivery requirements. We may also use any other courier company or service as we see fit.
- For the majority of our shipping, we use Courier Post – Signature Required service. Shipping is chargeable on all orders.
- We have a flat rate of $6 for shipping anywhere within New Zealand. Any purchase of $400 or more receives free shipping to any NZ address. All applicable freight charges will be displayed and shown at checkout prior to order completion.
- Orders are dispatched from Havana House in Auckland using a non-optional Signature Required courier service, this is to ensure our confidence in the courier service delivering to the intended recipient. Should the customer choose to contact Courier Post and grant a right of unattended delivery, you acknowledge Havana House is then absolved of any liability or responsibility to the delivery of goods.
- Havana House will select Overnight service where possible.
- Once payment has cleared your order will be dispatched for delivery
Target delivery timeframe; (link: https://www.courierpost.co.nz/faq/track-and-trace-faq/) All delivery timeframes are targeted, but cannot be guaranteed.
- Overnight: Delivery target is 9am next working day for business addresses and next working day delivery for residential addresses
- Economy: Delivery target is 2-3 working days.
- Rural Delivery (R) can add 2-3 days to the standard targeted delivery times listed.
In the event that an Urgent Courier is requested
For same-day services with Urgent Couriers (available within Auckland metropolitan area only), a charge will apply depending on the address and network load at the time of booking your order.
Target delivery timeframe is dependent on destination address, network load and selected priority at time of booking. Delivery timeframe is targeted but not guaranteed.
Havana House uses Courier Post’s eShip facility to notify customers of tracking information for their orders. These are sent from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately due to the automated nature of these emails, they regularly trigger Spam Policy Filters by I.S.P.s and email servers. To avoid this, please ensure you add our address to your contacts with your email provider so as to prevent your tracking information being marked as spam or junk mail.
Where an order has been dispatched from Havana House and is still considered to be ‘in the Courier Post network’ – being that, the order has not been delivered within the target delivery timeframe, or in the courier’s error the order has not been delivered to the intended recipient, we will manage all contact with Courier Post on the purchaser’s behalf as the originating sender. Where redirection is available, we will at our discretion arrange for the original order to be redirected to the intended recipient, or choose to issue a replacement order to be sent to the recipient should redirection take longer.
Where orders have been correctly entered into the delivery network and in a timely way, Havana House and Courier Post are not liable for any delays beyond the specified target delivery timeframe. Where any mistake or error has resulted in non-delivery, we will do all we can to rectify the situation, however Havana House is not liable for any losses (perceived or otherwise) incurred by the purchaser and are happy to arrange for full refund, or exchange / store credit as the customer sees fit.
Return / Refund Policy
In New Zealand, customers are protected by the Consumer Guarantees Act. This means that as a purchaser,
(a) If the problem is minor, and can be fixed, we will choose at our discretion to either repair the item, replace it or give you a refund or store credit to the value of the goods purchased. Proof of Purchase is required. From receipt of your order, you have 14 days to return items with proof of purchase provided they are in sell-able condition and have not been used and have all of the packaging intact.
(b) Due to the consumable nature of tobacco product, returns or exchanges will only be accepted for stock damaged in the delivery of the product to the purchaser.
(c) Please be careful when selecting your items for purchase as refunds will not be given for change of mind. If you are simply unhappy with a product however while we have no obligation to do so, we will do all we can to rectify the issue.