Terms and Conditions
(a) This agreement applies to all purchases of havanahouse.co.nz products by you from the Havana House website and replaces all previous agreements between you and us.
(b) We may change the terms of this agreement from time to time.
(c) This agreement is important. You should ensure that you have read it thoroughly prior to purchasing any products on our website.
When entering our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
- You acknowledge that you are the age of 18 Years Old or over when making any purchase(s) or orders on this website,
- You acknowledge that you can produce sufficient age verification (e.g. NZ Driver’s Licence or Passport) on request prior to or upon delivery of the products;
- you have read and accepted the terms and conditions that are set out and that you agree to enter into a legal contract with Havana House;
- all information supplied by you to Havana House is true and correct at the time you make any purchase on the website;
- notwithstanding the above, Havana House may refuse to accept your order at our sole discretion;
- Havana House reserves the right to take any legal action(s) against you and seek compensation for any loss or damage we may suffer from any purchase(s)/Order(s) made by a minor or from the parent/guardian of a minor who caused the purchase(s)/Order(s) to be made.
- Whilst Havana House tries to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and let you know we are cancelling the order. A full refund will be issued for any goods that have been paid for in this instance.
Scope of Trade
(a) Products available for sale from our website are only available for purchase, delivery and collection within New Zealand.
(b) Duty Free is available on tobacco product only and purchases are required to be picked up from The Collection Point at Auckland International Airport on Arrival or Departure.
- Duty Free purchases are subject to individual allowances set by The NZ Government. Duty Free Tobacco Allowances are upto 50 grams (1.76oz) of cigars per traveller arriving into New Zealand (current as of September 2019, but liable to change without our warning). Anything in excess of 50grams is the responsibility of the traveller to declare to the NZ Customs Authority prior to Border Inspection.
2. If you are carrying tobacco product in excess of your allowance you may be required to pay Duty on the overage to NZ Customs. You can use a calculator available on their website to estimate the Duty Payable.
(a) All prices listed are in New Zealand Dollars Only ($NZD)
(b) All orders are dispatched once payment is received in full. No part-payment will be allowed or accepted. Should a sale not be completed due to order cancellation, insufficient, or incomplete funds, any amount that has been received by Havana House will be reversed in the manner of which it was paid. This may take up to 10 working days once the reversal process has been initiated.
(c) Should you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Havana House will not handle your credit card or bank account data. We employ a payment gateway through our provider PayStation in conjunction with POLi. Paystation is a PCI DSS Level 1 virtual payments service provider. PayStation is a fully secure payment gateway and they will complete the POLi transaction on our behalf. For more information on POLi and their security features follow the link https://www.polipayments.com/Security
(d) All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council.
(e) PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card or banking information by our store and its service providers.
(f) Customers will ensure that all details are correct prior to proceeding with their order. By submitting your order you confirm you have read and understood these Website Terms & Conditions, Delivery information, and accept our Return/Refund Policy.
While we will endeavour to avoid the sale of unavailable stock, should this occur and the customer orders and pays for a product that is out of stock, Havana House will arrange to exchange the product for a similar item of same or greater value. Where this is not possible, Havana House will contact the customer to arrange for credit or refund at our discretion.
Purchases within New Zealand are covered by the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 which protects consumers by giving them certain guaranteed rights when they buy goods and services. We aim to provide you with quality products and service at all times, however if you have purchased an item from us and believe it to be faulty, please contact us.
(a) All Accessories sold by Havana House are supplied with a warranty period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. This warranty is provided on mechanical or manufacturing defects that may not have presented at the time of sale.
(b) Defects, damages and scratches from wear and tear or mishandling of the product are ineligible for warranty service.
(c) Any warranty service required after the warranty period has expired will be chargeable.
Liquor & Tobacco Policy – Age Restricted Goods
As a responsible company, retailer and overall corporate citizen Havana House has many obligations, and in the nature of our industry none greater than the responsible and legal sale of liquor and tobacco product.
Our company takes New Zealand’s law and our duty of care to the public seriously, and in doing so we regularly review and work with the Ministry of Health and local governing bodies in response to the best way we can meet our legal requirements around the sale and supply of liquor and tobacco product to the public.
Our responsibilities include;
- Meeting all legal requirements around licencing of staff and premises from which to sell liquor and alcohol.
- Duty of care to the well-being of our staff and customers.
- Ensuring customers are of legal age to purchase any age-restricted product.
At times Havana House may refuse a sale for any or no reason of which we are not obligated to disclose in order to comply with New Zealand law and or our own policies and procedures. This can be challenging and upsetting to customers in these situations where a sale is refused.
By abiding by the law and our policy and procedures it may result in losing a sale but it is better to refuse an irresponsible sale and comply with the law than run the risk of incurring:
- A large personal fine – up to $2,000
- Criminal record
- Possible disciplinary action that may result in termination of employment
- Large fine for the Company
- The possibility of loss of liquor license
Please be aware, Havana House is under no obligation to sell liquor or tobacco if it is irresponsible to do so.
- Tobacco Product
Where your order contains any tobacco Product, you as the purchaser warrants that you are over the age of 18 years and legally entitled to purchase any such Product.
If the Customer’s order includes any liquor Product, the Customer warrants that he/she is over the age of 18 years and legally entitled to purchase any such Product, and that he/she is not under the influence of alcohol at the time the order is submitted.
- Restrictions on use of login to purchase tobacco or alcohol products
Any customer registered with Havana House shall ensure that no other person or persons shall use his/her login to purchase any liquor or tobacco product if that person or those persons cannot truthfully provide warranty of their age as if they were the registered customer for the purposes of those clauses.
- Right to seek verification
If a customer submits an order containing tobacco or alcohol products, we may at our discretion contact that customer to obtain age verification. If for any reason we are not satisfied as to the ability of the customer to truthfully give the warranty, Havana House reserves the right to cancel the order.
- Acceptance of orders containing tobacco or alcohol
The Customer shall ensure that a person over the age of 18 years, and, in the case of orders containing alcohol, not under the influence of alcohol, is available to accept delivery of any order containing tobacco or alcohol
By registering on this website, you agree that you expressly consent to your inclusion in our direct marketing database and accept that you may, as a result, receive regular electronic communications from us. You have the right to ask us at any time to stop sending online communications and promotional offers to you, please do so by emailing us at email@example.com.
New Zealand Law governs the use of the Havana House website and these terms and conditions.
Intellectual Property Rights
We own, control or have the right to use and provide the website and all content on the website, including text, images, articles, photographs, illustrations, audio and video clips. You may electronically reproduce and store the content of the website solely for the purposes of viewing, using the services or saving website content, for your own personal use. You may not display or distribute the content of any part of the website or its content in public, including any reproduction in any form on the Internet, without our express permission.
Any infringement of our intellectual property rights will be fully enforced under New Zealand law.