We respect your privacy and do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience at havanahouse.co.nz. We only disclose information to third parties where necessary e.g. your address to a third party courier when we need that courier to make a delivery to you.
What Do We Do With Your Information?
- When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
- This information can then be used to process your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment.
- When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
- Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may from time to time send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. You may unsubscribe at any time from this service.
Consent – How do you get my consent?
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card or bank account details, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
- If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may disclose your personal information to relevant authorities if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Our store is developed and hosted by The Web Guys. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through The Web Guys data storage, databases and the general Salvage Ecommerce Management application. They store your data on a secure server behind a secure firewall.
Third Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our website.
- If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.